Phone: (505) 831-6993 ext. 57432
Community School Coordinator
Phone: (505) 831-6993 ext. 57013
The Family Resource Center is a warm and welcoming place in the community where any member of the community can go in times of need and as a regular part of day to day life as well. A place where people can meet, get information and support.
The FRC is an important part of our community school initiative. It is founded on research showing that children succeed when adults work together to foster positive educational outcomes and schools work best when families and community stakeholders take active roles in the education of children. We are located in the Main Building to the right of the front office.
We invite you to be a part of your West Mesa Family Resource Center. We have a school-site team responsible for helping to sustain a shared vision for the West Mesa High School community. We help align resources and tools that can help students to succeed at school and in life. One of our primary goals is to build relationships among school staff, community partners, and family members.
- Mustang Clothing Bank: Located on campus and open to students, families and community members. Adult clothing is available for students and their families. Most available clothing is brand new because Target donates the majority of clothing. Contact the Family Resource Center for more details.
- Roadrunner Mobile Food Pantry: Monthly Food Bank Distribution Site. Distribution takes place on the third Thursday of each month during the school year. Please contact the Family Resource Center for more information.
In addition to our fabulous programs, we provide a range of additional supports. Contact the Family Resource Center for further information.
- Clothing Resources
- Onsite Clothing Bank Referral to other resources
- Food Resources
- Onsite Mobile Food Pantry Assistance with locating local resources
- School Supplies
- Utility Assistance Referrals
- Assistance with APS Volunteer Background Checks
- Parent Support Seminars
- ParentVue / StudentVue Support
- Tutoring Resources
- WMHS Tutoring - M-Th 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM in the library
- Early Warning Indicator Project (EWI)