In a world with growing concern about and dedication to diversity and global awareness, it is important that Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) provide educational experiences, which prepare students for a global perspective, as well as opportunities to use their bilingualism, biliteracy skills, and cultural understanding. Students with these abilities are assets to their educational and professional communities.
A student who has an Albuquerque Public School District Bilingual Recognition Seal on his/her diploma went above and beyond the graduation requirements and demonstrate that their biliteracy and bilingualism is not only conversational but extends to academic mastery.
- Complete core content courses in both English and Spanish
- Complete content courses in Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies in both languages
- Complete a level IV or above Spanish course
- Complete the APS district reading, writing, and oral interview assessments that demonstrate their proficiency level in both English and Spanish
- Obtain letters of recommendation from four to six teachers
- Achieve at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
The rigor involved in receiving a bilingual seal demonstrates this student’s dedication for learning. This student will be an asset to your educational or professional community.
Bilingual Seal Coordinator
Classes & Categories
Below are the classes and categories needed for the Bilingual Seal. Click each category view each category list.
- Content classes may vary depending on the language
- Electives don't count toward the Bilingual Seal unless they are content classes
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA